The Importance of Video Marketing to Your Business
Videos. We began falling in love with them when America’s Funniest Home Videos® brought real people doing real (and hilarious) things to our television sets each week. More than 25 years later, the show is still going strong, as is our video appetite. Only today, we don’t have to sit in front of a TV to view a video—they are literally a click away on any mobile device.
The statistics surrounding videos are staggering, and reiterate the importance of video marketing to your business. Here are just a few:
- 78 percent of us watch online videos each week, while 55 percent of us watch them every day.
- Mobile video consumption doubles every year.
- It’s expected that 80 percent of all web traffic in 2019 will be videos.
- 90 percent of consumers say videos help them make buying decisions.
If you’re thinking that most of this video watching has to do with cute kids and animals, think again. Statistics show that nearly 60 percent of company leaders would rather watch a video than read an article or blog.
So, if you don’t use video in your marketing strategy, what are you waiting for?
Why the importance of video marketing is significant
The beauty of video is that it can be used anywhere and has been found to boost results of virtually every marketing strategy. From a few-second social media clips to a two-minute educational video, this marketing tactic goes the extra mile, having the ability to turn prospects into customers. It’s an especially important tactic when marketing to millennials and even younger generations—those who have grown up mesmerized with the action video brings to their mobile devices. In fact, two-thirds of millennials say they would prefer to watch a video than read text, whether they are reviewing or buying a product or learning about a company’s brand.
Ideas to get you started (and why you should try them)
Armed with the answer to, “Why is video important for marketing?” you can now move on to ways you can incorporate video into your marketing plan. Here are a few ideas:
- If you already write a blog, consider turning one of your most popular blog topics (measured by views and engagement) into a video. Providers of video marketing services can help shoot and edit the video to include discussion from a subject matter expert as well as photos or video clips from your business (known as B-roll).
- Would you like customers and prospects to know more about the products and services you provide? Consider telling your story through video.
- Are there how-to videos that could help boost sales of your product or service? An interior designer could provide decorating tips. Or, a hardware retailer could explain simple DIY projects.
- If you’re an equipment manufacturer who already supplies customers with technical manuals, would your customers also benefit from short videos on how to run and maintain your product?
- If you have an ecommerce website, show your products in action.
- And, finally, video doesn’t benefit just for-profit entities. If you’re a non-profit, consider video to tell your story. Having people explain how your organization has benefited them—in their own words—is powerful and likely will boost donations.
Not only does video marketing reel in customers hungry for your products in action, it complements all your other marketing efforts, as well. For example, Google® really likes when lots of people visit your web page and stay a while. Granted, “a while” is relative—in terms of hanging out on a web page, a couple minutes is great. So, when you have an attractive video that keeps web visitors hanging out for a while, Google is impressed. And, once the browser sees value in your site, it begins ranking you higher in search.
If you send customer emails, consider including a short video, and tell your readers about it in the subject line. Why? It’s reported that videos can boost email click-through rates as much as 300 percent (you read that right!).
Finally, video can simply make your brand more memorable. In fact, 80 percent of people remember the videos they watched in the last month. It’s doubtful consumers could say the same about any other form of advertising.
So, the importance of video marketing cannot be overstated. It’s a medium enjoyed by all, regardless of age, gender or job title. If you’re looking for video marketing services, learn more about how Blue Door Consulting can help. Then, give us a call to see how we can get started on your next video marketing project.