Senior Web Project Manager
The senior Web Project Manager is the forefront, client-facing member of a cross-functional marketing and development team. This position is the primary online project expert ensuring all business and project goals are identified and met, while also managing all aspects of the project schedule, resources and budgets.
This team leader will play a key role in overseeing Web-specific strategies, standards and governance, while ensuring high quality website development, availability, and performance and scalability. This position requires a consultant well-versed in managing and driving front-end, user-centric Web projects, as well as someone with strong business analysis and Web strategy skills.
- Listens, brainstorms possibilities and identifies opportunities to solve problems for clients via the Web and online interfaces
- Serves as a consultant and educator to clients and internal staff on all project issues including Web application research, design and development, usability and customer experience, and budget recommendations and estimations
- Effectively communicates and controls project scope, schedules, assignments and open issues both with the internal team and clients
- Oversees and reviews design and coding activities to ensure consistency and quality
- Forecasts and manages resource needs to deliver projects and ensure timelines are accurate, and expectations are communicated
- Exercises authority to make decisions and resolve disputes; escalates issues to owners when necessary
- Effectively leads and facilitates project meetings and presentations
- Manages support contracts and issues tracking for clients
- Provides technical leadership and defines the technology strategy, architecture/technical principles and dev standards, and ensures these standards and principles are implemented on every project
- Keeps meaningful metrics and leverages that data to drive efficiencies within the team
- Owns and drives process innovations to drive efficiencies and productivity
- Researches evaluates and proposes new technology platforms and capabilities needed to support the business
- Leads ongoing project scoping to understand development feasibility, sizing and proposes solutions leveraging new techniques, technologies, or concepts to deliver the most effective result
Work Environment Expectations
- Appreciation that two days will never be the same
- Ability to work under pressure and with tight deadlines
- Desire to stay current in emerging media and Web technologies
- Conscientiousness when handling sensitive information effectively and confidentially
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaboratively as a team player and with grace and flexibility in a rapidly changing, open-concepts environment
- Strong interpersonal skills, confident and articulate presenter both internally and to clients
- Able to perform well under pressure and prepared to put in the hours when a project requires it
- A fast worker and good timekeeper who is used to inputting hours into time management software daily
- Precise in work; showing high attention to detail
- Open, honest, direct and comfortable in giving and receiving constructive feedback
Skills Sets and Qualifications
- A minimum of five years of experience in a similar role
- Web Design, Computer Science, Electronic Communications, Business, Marketing or a related field preferred
- Expert knowledge of Web/mobile practices and technologies; knowledge of development languages and processes; specifically PHP, HTML, CSS, XML, AJAX, and JS
- Broad understanding of software development methodologies is preferred
- Working knowledge and experience with Content Management Systems (CMS)
- Experience with enterprise and mobile Web implementations preferred
- Professional experience with industry standard project management tools
- Experience with search engine optimization and analytics preferred
Blue Door Consulting
Blue Door Consulting is a successful marketing consulting firm located in Oshkosh, Wisconsin. Started in 2002, Blue Door Consulting has a unique culture that supports and mentors its talented and growing team with its focus on professional development and constant learning.
Winner of the Oshkosh Chamber of Commerce’s “Small Business of the Year” in 2011, and an engaged business in the Northeast Wisconsin, Blue Door Consulting continues to expand and offers its employees unique benefits, including flexible/virtual work hours, paid volunteerism and a stocked refrigerator!
Dedicated to its varied clients from small start-ups to Fortune 500’s, the team of Blue Door Consulting is inspired and motivated to go above and beyond, providing excellent customer service, objective consulting and ethical recommendations.
Located in a renovated firehouse, Blue Door Consulting’s offices provide a creative workspace with lots of extra team-building perks, including office lunches, stocked employee refrigerators and after-hour get-togethers, along with a cozy fireplace and seating area.
Our team members want to be challenged, are knowledgeable about changing technologies and online innovations, enjoy critical thinking and are willing to push themselves and our clients.
Blue Door Consulting is offering a competitive salary, a health reimbursement account, flexible work hours, Simple IRA with match, as well as an amazing team and environment!
If you are interested, please send a cover letter, resume and three project summaries to:
Blue Door Consulting
21 W. New York Ave.
Oshkosh, WI 54901
No phone inquiries.