Interactivity no matter the browser
You’ve heard of Gmail®, Dropbox® and maybe even WordPress®, but were you aware these aren’t technically websites? They are Web applications and they represent a type of online interactivity that works no matter the Internet browser and can be used offline. In fact, Web applications are online everywhere and easily overlooked because there is often a seamless transition between a website and a Web application. But they do serve very useful purposes and may be a great solution for your business and its customers.
Compete with Web app development
Eighty-nine percent of business leaders say customer experience is the basis for a competitive edge.  Thoughtful and easy-to-use Web applications can improve the customer experience. Imagine streamlining your online hiring process, enabling materials calculations or collecting satisfaction data—the nearly limitless possibilities through enhanced, online functionality can provide better solutions that meet your customers’ needs.
We’ve helped others and can help you, too, with Web applications that:
- Collect, share or analyze data
- Streamline an internal process
- Simplify and make more accessible customer processes, including payment forms or employee applications
- Generate leads with online tools, like calculators
- Integrate two or more systems that need to talk, such as your website’s online application with an internal human resources management system
Web apps designed for you
Like everything we do at Blue Door Consulting, our process begins by understanding what your customers want and how it should be delivered. We conduct market research to determine your customers’ offline behavior and how they could accomplish those tasks through a streamlined, Web-based interface. In addition to our findings, when developing a Web application we take the following into account:
- Data analytics or reporting needs from the application
- Database development or integration with other third-party databases
- Improved user experience and interface design to increase conversions
We design and develop Web apps using CSS, HTML, SQL and MySQL. We also provide user testing services and conduct a multitude of browser and functionality testing. Then comes the exciting part—we launch your new Web application to the delight of current and prospective customers and employees. And, we stick around to help you measure the results.
If your website is not yet a one-stop-shop, you may be disappointing—or worse yet—turning away valued customers. Contact us to learn how you can make your website a better user experience with Web app development for those who matter most to your business.