Business Development Consultant
Blue Door Consulting’s Business Development Consultant will play a critical role in leading new business development initiatives and driving revenue growth. This role is responsible for developing prospect relationships while identifying, pursuing and closing sales for Blue Door Consulting’s entire suite of services. Additionally, this motivated team member will prepare new business proposals and pitches, monitor and measure pitch outcomes as well as conduct client and market research and analysis to support business development opportunities.
- Help Blue Door Consulting grow its client base with meaningful and interesting work
- Identify and manage business prospect relationships and opportunities; track these efforts and prepare and maintain ongoing progress reports
- Conduct company, competitive and market research to inform proposals and pitches; provide regular updates regarding new business opportunities, market trends and competitive threats
- Draft tailored proposals for new business opportunities, including preparing materials for pitch meetings; monitor and track all new business proposals and outcomes
- Play a key role in the collection and management of information for use in proposals
- Participate in conferences and/or events to generate new business leads
Work Environment Expectations
- Appreciation that two days will never be the same
- Ability to work under pressure and with tight deadlines
- Desire to stay current in emerging media and technologies
- Conscientiousness when handling sensitive information effectively and confidentially
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaboratively as a team player and with grace and flexibility in a rapidly changing, open-concept environment
Skill Sets and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Business, Marketing or equivalent work experience
- A minimum of 5 years’ marketing experience and a minimum of 3 years’ sales experience
- Strong business judgment, analytical skills and attention to detail absolutely required
- Ability to generate and deliver persuasive and clear verbal and written communications in a variety of formats
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships and identify client business opportunities
- Effective skills in time management, budgeting and project oversight
- Outstanding interpersonal skills; must have credibility, good judgment, honesty, and integrity
- Initiative to solve problems with energy and a positive attitude
About Blue Door Consulting
Blue Door Consulting is a successful marketing consulting firm located in Oshkosh, Wisconsin. Started in 2002, Blue Door Consulting has a unique culture that supports and mentors its talented and growing team with its focus on professional development and constant learning.
Winner of the Oshkosh Chamber of Commerce’s “Small Business of the Year” in 2011, and an engaged business in the Northeast Wisconsin, Blue Door Consulting continues to expand and offers its employees unique benefits, including flexible/virtual work hours, paid volunteerism and a stocked refrigerator!
Dedicated to its varied clients from small start-ups to Fortune 500’s, the team of Blue Door Consulting is inspired and motivated to go above and beyond, providing excellent customer service, objective consulting and ethical recommendations.
Located in a renovated grain mill, Blue Door Consulting’s offices provide a creative workspace with lots of extra team-building perks, including office lunches, stocked employee refrigerators and after-hour get-togethers, along with a cozy fireplace seating areas.
Our team members want to be challenged, are knowledgeable about changing technologies and online innovations, enjoy critical thinking and are willing to push themselves and our clients.
Blue Door Consulting is offering a competitive salary and benefits package, flexible work hours, Simple IRA with match, as well as an amazing team and environment. Interested applicants should email a resume, cover letter, three writing samples to:
Blue Door Consulting
50 W. 6th Ave.
Oshkosh, WI 54902
No phone inquiries.