Senior Web Developer
In this position, you will be the lead technical liaison, expert and developer, assisting Blue Door Consulting’s team in building websites, social networks and online/mobile applications for its varied clientele. Our web developers work closely with our internal team and sub-contractors to develop specifications, implement best practices and make recommendations on the use of existing and emerging technologies.
In order to help our clients grow, you will regularly lead technical discussions and analysis, collaborate to discuss project requirements, identify growth opportunities and develop and implement technology-related project plans using a variety of languages, platforms and systems.
You are well-suited for this position if you enjoy a variety of aspects of web development and programming when you:
- Participate in offering the best quality and right-fit solutions for Blue Door Consulting’s clients
- Provide creative solutions that enhance projects and final deliverables
- Achieve quality results and strives to meet web standards
- Look to new and emerging technologies to improve your professional development and knowledge base
- Consider how technology changes behavior and how usability research is a driving force in implementation and development
- Work closely with project leads and other members of the development team to both develop detailed specification documents with clear project deliverables and timelines, and to ensure timely completion of deliverables
- Assist in project estimates during sales process, including expertise required, total number of people required, total number of development hours required, etc.
- Attend client meetings during the sales process and during development
- Communicate to the project lead with efficiency and accuracy any progress and/or delays
- Ability to effectively communicate technical concepts to other Senior Web Developers and technical staff members
- Knowledge of software architecture, design, development and debugging techniques
- Experience with software development life-cycle methodologies
- Ability to perform data modeling and write database access code
Work Environment Expectations
- Must have credibility, good judgment, honesty and integrity
- Demonstrated ability to understand, use and learn changing technologies/languages
- Initiative to solve problems with energy and a positive attitude
- Self-starter with strong self-management, project management and communication skills
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities and meet billable hour specifications
- Engage in creative problem solving to provide high service value to clients
- Alert colleagues to emerging technologies or applications and the opportunities to integrate them into operations and activities
- Be actively involved in and contribute regularly to the development community
- Ability to work under pressure and with tight deadlines
- Conscientiousness in handling sensitive information effectively and confidentially
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaboratively as a team player and with grace and flexibility in a rapidly changing environment
Skill Sets and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in a computer-related field
- A minimum of seven years of work experience
- Expert knowledge of object-oriented PHP, SQL, MySQL
- Proficient knowledge of Magento or Silex preferred
- Leadership of projects and other web developers
- Development experience using extensible web authoring tools and multiple content management systems (open source or proprietary, MODx or WordPress preferred)
- Experience developing and implementing open source software projects
- Experience with version control and project management methodologies is a plus
About Blue Door Consulting
Blue Door Consulting is a successful marketing consulting firm located in Oshkosh, Wisconsin. Started in 2002, Blue Door Consulting has a unique culture that supports and mentors its talented and growing team with its focus on professional development and constant learning.
Winner of the Oshkosh Chamber of Commerce’s “Small Business of the Year” in 2011, and an engaged business in the Northeast Wisconsin, Blue Door Consulting continues to expand and offers its employees unique benefits, including flexible/virtual work hours, paid volunteerism and a stocked refrigerator!
Dedicated to its varied clients from small start-ups to Fortune 500s, the team of Blue Door Consulting is inspired and motivated to go above and beyond, providing excellent customer service, objective consulting and ethical recommendations.
Located in a renovated firehouse, Blue Door Consulting’s offices provide a creative workspace with lots of extra team-building perks, including office lunches, stocked employee refrigerators and after-hour get-togethers, along with a cozy fireplace and seating area.
Our team members want to be challenged, are knowledgeable about changing technologies and online innovations, enjoy critical thinking and are willing to push themselves and our clients.
Blue Door Consulting is offering a competitive salary, a health reimbursement account, flexible work hours, Simple IRA with match, as well as additional team perks. Interested applicants should email a resume, cover letter, three descriptions of projects on which you worked with their accompanying results to:
Blue Door Consulting
50 W. 6th Ave.
Oshkosh, WI 54902
No phone inquiries.