This position provides creative direction, project management and execution of video production through research, strategic direction, coordination, facilitation and analysis for Blue Door Consulting and its clients.
- Plan and coordinate video shoots for a variety of clients and internal needs
- Develop story concepts and create storyboards for video shoot direction
- Lead all components and logistics of video shoot including developing production schedules, scouting and identifying locations, setting shot list, choosing music, coordinating graphics, renting equipment and more
- Source, interview and hire required crew and talent, provide direction and coach talent on site, coordinate transportation for crew, talent and equipment, and ensure all locations meet needs for the shoot (i.e. electrical power)
- Manage the recording and editing of video and sound projects, including organizing media and leading decisions on final output and ensuring archival of final project media.
- Meet with prospective clients to assess and understand needs and prepare budget, project plans and resource allocation
- Build relationships with clients and collaborators to ensure high-quality deliverables that exceeds client expectations
- Conduct research and learn about client products and target markets
- Develop and implement strategic recommendations for messaging, content creation and distribution through creative brainstorming, writing and direction
- Measure video performance against the goals of our clients and our company
- Demonstrate positive ROI with revenue that is directly attributable to video marketing
- Provide editing and oversight for completion of video projects
- Monitor industry trends, news and best practices
Work Environment Expectations
- Appreciation that two days will never be the same
- Ability to work under pressure and with tight deadlines
- Desire to stay current in emerging media and technologies
- Conscientiousness when handling sensitive information effectively and confidentially
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaboratively as a team player and with grace and flexibility in a rapidly changing, open-concept environment
- Strong interpersonal skills, confident and articulate presenter both internally and to clients
- Able to perform well under pressure and prepared to put in the hours when a project requires it
- A fast worker and good timekeeper who is used to inputting hours into time management software daily
- Precise in work; showing high attention to detail
- Open, honest, direct and comfortable in giving and receiving constructive feedback
- Some travel required
Skill Sets and Qualifications
- Bachelors in either Journalism, Radio, TV, Film, Video Production or similar
- A minimum of three to five years’ experience in video production – editing skills a plus
- Video: familiarity with professional cameras, various HD and SD formats, preproduction/planning, studio and field production, lighting/grip, scriptwriting, storyboarding and photography
- Audio: familiarity with small format mixers, compression, EQ, effects processors, audio recording techniques for studio and field, multi-track and waveform editing
- Post-production: digital video editing, still and motion graphics design, and video compression for multiple delivery platforms
- Ability to record and edit video and sound projects preferred, including capturing/importing/organizing media, creating and working with static and motion graphics, inserting music, voice-over and special effects, as well as archiving project media
- Knowledgeable using software such as Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe After Effects, Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator
- Strong project management and collaboration skills
- Ability to build relationships with organizations and individuals in a variety of industries
- Ability to generate and deliver persuasive and clear verbal and written communications in a variety of formats
- Strong business judgment and analytic skills absolutely required
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively
- Flexible and open to change and new ideas
- Excellent organization, time management, and prioritization skills required; ability to work and thrive in a multi-tasked, fast paced, dynamic environment
- Excellent writing and presentation skills
- Teamwork skills essential; sense of humor preferred
About Blue Door Consulting
Blue Door Consulting is a successful marketing consulting firm located in Oshkosh, Wisconsin. Started in 2002, Blue Door Consulting has a unique culture that supports and mentors its talented and growing team with its focus on professional development and constant learning.
Winner of the Oshkosh Chamber of Commerce’s “Small Business of the Year” in 2011, and an engaged business in the Northeast Wisconsin, Blue Door Consulting continues to expand and offers its employees unique benefits, including flexible/virtual work hours, paid volunteerism and a stocked refrigerator!
Dedicated to its varied clients from small start-ups to Fortune 500’s, the team of Blue Door Consulting is inspired and motivated to go above and beyond, providing excellent customer service, objective consulting and ethical recommendations.
Located in a renovated grain mill, Blue Door Consulting’s offices provide a creative workspace with lots of extra team-building perks, including office lunches, stocked employee refrigerators and after-hour get-togethers, along with a cozy fireplace and seating area.
Our team members want to be challenged, are knowledgeable about changing technologies and online innovations, enjoy critical thinking and are willing to push themselves and our clients.
Blue Door Consulting is offering a competitive salary, health benefits, flexible work hours, Simple IRA with match, as well as additional team perks. Interested applicants should email a resume, cover letter, three descriptions of projects on which you worked with their accompanying results to: