How to Choose the Best Firm for Your Business
In a 2013 survey (PDF), 76 percent of marketers believed that marketing had changed more in the last two years than it has in 50 years. Marketing, specifically digital marketing, is continuing to evolve and grow. More and more consumers are shopping online or browsing using mobile devices. Whether you own a small business or a growing corporation, it can be hard to keep up. Hiring a digital marketing agency can show real results and improve your return on investment.
Do You Need To Hire A Digital Marketing Agency?
Are you struggling to stay relevant and on top of all the digital demands for your business? Or maybe you aren’t sure which perspective to take and need help getting started online. Your not alone! Fifty percent of businesses say they do not have a digital marketing strategy, and more than 16 percent have a digital strategy that is not integrated with their overall marketing strategy. Wouldn’t it be great if you could bring both of those together?
Maintaining a digital strategy is just like working out – it’s easier to stay in shape than it is to get into shape. If you are struggling to get your business’s digital strategy into bikini-ready shape, hiring a digital marketing agency could be the answer you have been looking for.
There are endless reasons why hiring a digital marketing agency is beneficial to your business. Here are just a few:
· Changing digital trends. Technology is changing rapidly, and it can be almost impossible to keep up. A digital marketing agency specializes in staying on top of trends and relevant in the industry. Bringing in a digital marketing agency can ensure that your business stays on the cutting edge of technology.
· Refreshed approach. It is easy for internal employees to become engrossed in one strategy and to miss new opportunities. A digital marketing agency can help you create or update your current digital strategy. Based on your company’s performance, a marketing agency is often able to help you craft a new strategy with a fresh perspective.
· Experienced professionals. Digital marketing agencies are filled to the brim with knowledgeable, skilled professionals who have experience in creating and implementing digital marketing strategies.
· Cost effectiveness. Implementing and measuring a digital marketing strategy can be costly and time consuming. Save money on labor and time by hiring a digital agency that can do the work more efficiently.
· Access to subscriptions and software. Measuring marketing success and ROI can mean having access to costly systems and software. Digital marketing agencies often have access to these tools, decreasing your business’s investment.
If you are facing any of these roadblocks in your business’s digital strategy, hiring a digital marketing agency could be a great fit for you.
How To Choose A Digital Agency For Your Business
Now that you understand why to hire a digital marketing agency, you’ll want to select the one that is best for you. Not all agencies are created the same. Some agencies may excel in branding and design, while others specialize in web development and user experience. Understanding these key differences and your company’s needs can help you select the marketing agency that will work best with your business.
Questions to Ask A Digital Marketing Agency
Like any successful relationship, it is important to get to know an agency and ‘date’ before you get married. Asking questions and being honest with your business’s goals is crucial in any partnership. Before you collaborate with a digital agency, here are a few questions that you should ask:
- What are your core capabilities? Every marketing agency has core competencies, or things it specializes in and performs better than competitors. By understanding an agency’s core competencies, you can get a better idea of its fit for your company.
- What are some of your previous clients? Look at an agency’s portfolio and ask about their previous clients. Use those previous clients to compare industries, needs and the size of the projects that the agency has worked with before.
- What is your process? Understanding an agency’s process can be crucial. Blue Door Consulting, for example, believes in a collaborative approach to our projects – whether creating a strategy or designing collateral. Being knowledgeable on agency processes minimizes your risk of surprise in the long run.
- How do you measure success? Agreeing with an agency on terms of success is probably the most critical element to a successful partnership. If an agency defines success as a jump in online traffic while you define success as increased conversions, you may butt heads in the future. Ensure that your marketing agency is listening to goals and is working to help you reach them.
Are you looking for a digital marketing agency that is going to work side-by-side with your company to help you achieve your goals? Call Blue Door Consulting today and talk to us about how we can help!